Cambridge ICT Certificate – Databases
DATABASES FOR A PURPOSE
In this module, learners design and implement their own database to solve a particular dilemma. In doing this, they will need to consider how databases are used in the real world and consider the features of a good database.
The aim is to allow learners to demonstrate that they can consider what features are needed to make a useful database. This includes consideration of how the database will be used, who can enter information, and who can access it. The issue of personal data and data protection is an important part of this course.
For more information CLICK HERE.
At the end of each module, students will be assessed by way of a test to show that they can demonstrate each of the learning objectives with no additional help from their teacher or their peers.
• Cambridge provides question papers and resource files for Cambridge ICT Starters.
At the end of each assessment test, the teacher marks the question papers and completes a record of assessment (Learning Objectives Record Sheet) for each learner. Samples of learners’ work are sent to Cambridge for external moderation. The sample will include the question papers completed by the learners, the required evidence of learners’ work and the Learning Objectives Record Sheet.
Learners will receive a Pass or Merit grade in each assessment test. A learner’s overall grade will be a combination of the results of all modules.
To achieve a Pass in a module, learners must meet all the Pass criteria specified on the Learning Objectives Record Sheet. To achieve a Merit in a module, learners must achieve all the Pass and Merit criteria within that module.
Cambridge will award a Merit grade for each level of Cambridge ICT Starters where the learner has achieved Merit grades in the majority of modules taken at each stage or level.
Cambridge ICT modules are predominantly aimed at learners aged between 10 to 15 years. The qualifications are suitable for those in secondary education.
- Identify a solution to a problem that involves a particular database.
- Design, create and develop a database to solve a problem.
- Utilise different field types.
- Test database.
- Demonstrate an awareness of data security.
- Transfer data between different applications.
- Lectures 7
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 1 Hour Per Class
- Skill level 10-15 Years of Age
- Language English
- Students 43
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes
- Databases for a purpose
- Cambridge ICT Certificate – Databases Lesson 1
- Cambridge ICT Certificate – Databases Lesson 2
- Cambridge ICT Certificate – Databases Lesson 3
- Cambridge ICT Certificate – Databases Lesson 4
- Cambridge ICT Certificate – Databases Lesson 5
- Cambridge ICT Certificate – Databases Lesson 6