POSITIVE DIGITAL FOOTPRINT – Digital Marketing
| COURSE DESCRIPTION
In this complete personal digital marketing course, learners become digital marketing experts. With practical hands-on steps, students will learn how to plan a successful media campaign for themselves or their business. They will create a personal online profile with professional looking graphics and appropriate subject matter. This will include a Personal Logo, a professional CV, a published Personal Blog, and a Business Card. By making use of free digital marketing tools students will go on to formulate and create a vibrant social media networking portfolio.
The course takes time to educate students about the importance of a social media presence that they can be proud of. How you look online today directly impacts your career. Employers and universities are analyzing everything about candidates before making offers. That means a single negative online search result or post can ruin the candidates’ chance of being selected. This course will help students clean up, protect and improve how they look online.
This is a great project for giving learners a real look into the field of self-promotion in the digital age. Students will learn that self-promotion can be as bad as it can be good. By the end of this course, students will have a credible digital profile across various mediums that is fit for purpose.
The course is taught in English for technology by native English speakers.
Assessment is conducted through formative grading as well as a summative grade by way of a test to show that learners can demonstrate each of the learning objectives with no additional help from their teacher or their peers. At the end of each module, the teacher grades the learner and completes a record of assessment (Learning Objectives Record Sheet) for each learner.
Learners will receive a Pass or Merit grade in each assessment. A learner’s overall grade will be a combination of the results of all modules. To achieve a Pass in a module, learners must meet all the Pass criteria specified on the Learning Objectives Record Sheet. To achieve a Merit in a module, learners must achieve all the Pass and Merit criteria within that module.
iLearnSpace will award a Merit grade for each level where the learner has achieved Merit grades in the majority of modules taken at each stage or level.
| Course Aims:
- Complete an online audit of personal social-media content.
- Complete a personal marketing strategy whose outcomes require the use of cross-platform mediums.
- Make use of English for technology and business.
- Make use of design applications to visualize the marketing strategy.
- Interface confidently with a web content management system.
- Work remotely (cloud based) and autonomously as well as collaboratively in English.
| LEARNING OUTCOMES
- Understand the importance of a positive social media footprint.
- Understand and create a digital marketing strategy.
- Plan and work with free Digital Marketing Tools.
- Understand marketing fundamentals.
- Build a website (work with basic HTML).
- Design a Personal/Business logo and Business Card.
- Plan an email marketing campaign.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and analytics.
- Build a Social media marketing (YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Quora) portfolio.
- Understand and make use of Google Adwords.
- Lectures 11
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 1 Hour Per Class
- Skill level Target Range: 15-22 Years
- Language English
- Students 87
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes
Creating an online audit
- Digital Footprint Introduction and Overview
- Positive social media footprint (creating an online audit)
- Creating a digital marketing strategy
- Free digital marketing tools
- Understand marketing fundamentals
- Build a website (work with basic HTML)
- Design a Personal/Business logo and Business Card
- Plan an email marketing campaign
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and analytics
- Social media marketing (YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Quora)
- Google Adwords