1. Our commitment to Privacy
2. What information is collected
The purpose of the Website is to create an online community of professionals involved in the iLearnSpace who would like to publish and/or access content.
As part of our effort to create this online community, we collect the following information from users:
a) Personal Information
Content published on eLearning Industry is accessible by all visitors. However, certain iLearnSpace features and services may require registration. Users may register (“sign-up”) on-site (for example, at https://ilearnspace.et/registration) or via social login. Upon signing-up, an account is created for the user (“Account”). Users who sign-up on-site are required to confirm their registration by clicking on an activation link which is sent to them via email. Users who sign-up through social login are automatically activated. All active user accounts have the capability to write Reviews and download eBooks. Users can gain more capabilities by going through appropriate processes (for example, purchasing a PR pack that will give them the capability to write a certain number of Press Releases).
Users are required to provide part or all of the following information below, depending on the features or services they wish to access (some of which may be automatically retrieved directly from social login):
- First and last name
- Email address
- Company name, size, industry, state and country
- Job title, focus, and level
- Purchasing authority
- Work phone
Once you complete activation, and you will be able to create your profile (“Profile”).
b) Other Information
Because we seek to create a vibrant eLearning community, there may be opportunities for you to provide information to be published or displayed on public areas of our Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “Contributions”). Such Contributions are posted on our Website or transmitted to us and others at your own risk. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
We automatically track and collect certain non-personal information such as Website navigation data, Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses, timestamps and URLs. We use this information to do internal research on our users‘ demographics, interest, and behavior to better understand, protect and serve you and our eLearning community.
If you send us personal correspondence, such as emails or letters, or if other users or third parties send us correspondence about your activities or postings on our Website, we may store such information on our servers.
To protect you against fraud, unauthorized transactions (such as money laundering), claims and other liabilities, we only collect an identification number and order details which enable us to match each user to the payments he makes. We do not collect credit card information.
You consent to our access to and collection of such information described as above under paragraph 2.
3. How the information is used
We use your Business Information as follows:
– We use your Business Information in order to resolve disputes; troubleshoot problems; help promote safe matching; collect fees owed; measure consumer interest in Services; inform you about offers, products, services, and updates; customize your experience; detect and protect us against error, fraud and other criminal activity; enforce our TOS; and as otherwise described to you at the time of collection. We may compare and review your Business Information for errors, omissions and for accuracy.
– We use your e-mail to send you system e-mails about the functionality of our Website that you cannot opt out from and you will have to receive if you want to use our Website. If you want to stop receiving our system e-mails, you will have to de-activate your Account here.
– We use your e-mail associated with your Account in order to send you newsletters and promotions in conjunction with your use of our Services. If you do not wish to receive newsletters you may unsubscribe by clicking the unsubscription link in the newsletter e-mail. We may also send you newsletters which include third party’s offers. If you do not wish to receive these third party offers, you may unsubscribe by clicking the unsubscription link in the newsletter e-mail.
– We may use your Business Information in order to provide benchmark analysis and aggregate statistics. This particular Business Information will be anonymized, will not contain personal identification and will not be transferred or sold to third parties in any way or format that identifies you.
– We use Website navigation data to operate and improve the Website. We may also use Website navigation data alone or in combination with your Business Information to provide aggregated information about elearning industry.
– We collect the IP Addresses to track when you use our Website. We use IP Addresses to monitor the regions from which you navigate our Website and sign-up to use our Services. Your IP-address is also registered for statistical purposes and to better our advertising and layout of the Website. In specific, we use your IP Addresses for the following reasons:
a. Send the most appropriate advertising based on geographic area or information derived from your IP address. Many IP addresses are commonly associated with Internet service providers, universities, or major corporations in specific regions or localities. Aggregate information derived from IP addresses may also be reported to advertisers.
b. Estimate the total number of Internet users visiting our Website from specific countries or regions of the world.
c. Assist third party advertisers to track effectiveness of the promotions they run on our Website, visits to and business at third party’s websites.
– For users other than those only signing in to the Free eBooks or Webinar recording page of the Website, we do not share your full name, e-mail, phone number and job title with third parties for their marketing purposes as a matter of course. However, if we decide to share such information, you shall be notified and shall have the option to opt-out from providing us with your personal information above for this purpose.
– For users signing in to the Free eBooks and Webinar recording page of the Website, in consideration for free access to a variety of eBooks, webinar recordings and related resources, you agree that iLearnSpace may submit some or all of your Business Information to the eBook publisher or webinar presenter who may use it for marketing purposes.
Use of Business Information by other third parties
– We make reasonable efforts to make sure that our users, who use our Services, will use the information available to them solely for elearning-related purposes. However, we cannot control their use of that information outside this scope and we are not responsible for such unauthorized uses.
– iLearnSpace reserves its right to share your Business Information with a third party in case of sale merger, control changes, reorganization or liquidation of the Company. All actions will naturally be completed in compliance with applicable laws of personal data and privacy.
4. How your information is protected
You agree that eLearning Industry and its associated companies may use that Business Information for marketing purposes.
– All our employees, independent contractors and agents have executed non-disclosure agreements, which provide explicit confidentiality protections. Any employee, independent contractor or agent who violates such privacy and/or security policies is subject to possible termination and civil and/or criminal prosecution.
– We do not make any of your Business Information available to third parties for their marketing purposes. iLearnSpace’s software runs on individual servers and no data given or collected is shared with other social media platforms.
If however, we share your Business Information with third parties, we will notify you. Please note that no transmission over the internet can guarantee confidentiality and non-disclosure, and as such, you transmit at your own risk.
– We use robust security measures to protect data from unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and help ensure the appropriate use of data. When the Services are accessed using the internet, Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology protects your Business Information, using both server authentication and data encryption. These technologies help ensure that your Business Information is safe, secure, and only available to you and to whom you have granted access.
– We do not tolerate Spam. To report iLearnSpace-related spam, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . You may not use our communication tools to send spam or otherwise send content that would violate our TOS. We may check for spam, viruses, phishing attacks and other malicious activity or illegal or prohibited content of the Website, but we will not permanently store messages sent through these tools.
– iLearnSpace does its utmost to secure communications and data storage in order to protect the confidentiality of your Business Information against loss and interception by third parties. However, it is important to know that there is no zero-risk against loss or interception by others of your Business Information. You are responsible for maintaining the security and confidentiality of your Account’s username and password.
5. How the information is stored
We save your Business Information in our database in order to improve our Website’s and user experience and in accordance with our TOS. If you wish that your Business Information be permanently deleted from our database when you stop using our Services, please notify us at email@example.com.
6. Cookies Policy
7. Legal requests
We cooperate with law enforcement authorities, as well as with other third parties, to enforce laws, intellectual property rights and to prevent fraud. In response to a verified request by law enforcement or other government officials relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity, we can, and you authorize us to, disclose your name, e-mail address and Website use history, with or without a subpoena. Without limiting the above, we will not disclose your Business Information to any law enforcement or other governmental officials without a subpoena or court order, except when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to protect our rights, enforce our policies, respond to claims that your use of our Services violates iLearnSpace’s policies or rights or others, or protect anyone’s rights, property or safety.
9. Links to Other Sites
11. Applicable Law