- Certified Professional in Human Resources® (PHR®) with additional state certification in California (PHRca®) offering an HR career distinguished by commended performance and proven results.
- Extensive background in HR generalist affairs, including experience in employee recruitment and retention, staff development, mediation, conflict resolution, benefits and compensation, HR records management, HR policies development and legal compliance.
- Demonstrated success negotiating win-win compromises, developing teambuilding programs, and writing personnel manuals, corporate policies, job descriptions and management reports.
Teacher Support and Training, 2017 to Present
Recruited to help open new company in Sao Paulo, guiding the startup and management of a full spectrum of HR operations, systems and programs. Worked with senior management to create HR policies and procedures; recruit employees; create group benefits databases; and develop orientation, training and incentive programs.
- Played a key role in ensuring the successful launch of Sao Paulo office. Structured and implemented programs and policies in the areas of training, compensation structures, benefits packages, incentives and new-employee orientation.
- Fostered a teamwork environment conducive to positive dialogue across the organization. Personal efforts were cited as the driving force behind branch’s employee-retention rate of 89% within an industry where high turnover is the norm.
- Brought workers’ compensation program into full compliance. Instituted preferred providers list and trained managers and associates on procedures to follow in case of injury.
- Wrote employee manual covering company policies, disciplinary procedures, code of conduct, FMLA policy and benefits information.
- Introduced company’s first formal performance review program, creating a flexible and well-received tool that was later adopted company-wide.
- Revised job descriptions across all levels and 25+ categories. “Shadowed” and interviewed employees to construct an accurate picture of the duties and skills required for each position.
DEF COMPANY —São Paulo, SP
Leading home healthcare company employing 4,500 professionals.
HR Representative, 2005 to 2017
HR Assistant, 2004 to 2005
Promoted to fulfill a broad range of HR functions, including recruiting and training employees, administering benefits, overseeing disciplinary action and managing HR records. Co-chaired annual flex-enrollment meetings, resolved conflicts between employees and insurance carriers, coordinated health fairs to promote employee wellness and performed exit interviews.
- Trained 25-member management team on interviewing techniques and best practices, conducting workshops and coaching sessions that contributed to sound hiring decisions.
- Co-developed company’s first standardized disciplinary procedures and tracking system that insulated company from legal risk and ensured consistent and fair discipline processes.
- Devised creative and cost-effective incentive and morale-boosting programs (including special events and a tiered awards structure) that increased employee satisfaction and productivity.
- Reworked new-hire orientation program to include HR information and company resources.
- Saved company thousands of dollars every month by reducing reliance on employment agencies. Brought the majority of formerly outsourced recruiting functions in-house to reduce billable hours from 200+ to less than 15 per month.
Education & Certifications
University of São Paulo —São Paulo, SP
Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Psychology (with honors)